ActiveX Control Error -143
ewingnoah
2008-06-19 19:10:11 UTC
Help need in the UP!

LoadPanelEx fails with error code -143 with a Microsoft Web Browser control in CVI 8.1.1. The uir loads fine without the activex control otherwise. I generated the ActiveX control driver by right clicking on the ActiveX control and clicking Generate... tried everything but making an alligator shake.

Noah
herosphro
2008-06-23 16:40:15 UTC
Hello Noah,
This error usually occurs when the ActiveX control can't be found or is an older version than the program is expecting.  Are you running this program on the development PC?  This shouldn't happen on the development PC, so if it is we need to investigate further.  We could try making a simple test program with another ActiveX driver.  Also which version of the Web Browser control are you using and are we doing any multithreading?   If this error is occurring on a non-development machine then we should be able to register the ActiveX library on that PC and it should get rid of the error.  Please reply with this and any more information you feel appropriate and we can try to get this sorted out for you.